Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Think I Fell in Love Again

Listen, I’m a simple man. All I want to do these days is drive The Civic, play video games, produce content for Skip To My Lank, watch the Colts/‘Noles/Blues/Spurs play, laugh at jokes that I should be too mature to laugh at but I’m not, watch movies on Blu-ray (I recently bought “The Hangover”), play hide-and-seek with my one-year-old neighbor, text as many people as possible in the course of a day, have important-only-to-us arguments with Skip (i.e. is Fat Joe a hip-hop hall-of-famer?), and pity my roommates, both of whom are in long-term relationships.

But then I had to go and fall in love. Again. Crap.

I don’t have the time or money to be in a relationship. Look at all of those super-important activities I listed above. How am I supposed to do all of that with a new boo? I’m getting ready to lose my job, how am I supposed to afford date nights and birthday presents? I know what you’re asking yourself: “ok, Lank; why are you contemplating being in a relationship then?”

Good question. And here’s my answer: Anna Kendrick.

My, oh my, oh my, what a beauty. As I saw the trailer for “Up in the Air” (which looks tremendous, by the way), I became enamored with George Clooney’s young co-star. I couldn’t quite recall her name when I saw her, but I knew I’d seen her before and that I wholeheartedly approved of her appearance. After doing a little research, I saw that Anna Kendrick was her name; and that I’d seen her in “Twilight” and “New Moon” (don’t judge). Needless to say, I’ve been smitten ever since and, despite my best efforts to remain single, would marry her tomorrow if she asked me to.

I hope Baseball Mom approves.

~~ Lank

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not pretty enough for you my sweet son.

Lank said...

Wow. Really? I wasn't expecting that, haha.