Monday, November 16, 2009

The 30 Worst Sports Logos of All Time: #15

As my boy 'Moo and I were sitting through our training class, he turned me on to a website called LogoShak that has a remarkably extensive collection of logos from sports teams and events. Since I needed something new for the blog (and because November has 30 days), I decided to list the 30 worst sports logos of all time. I designated 'Moo as creative director of the project since he a.) found the site before I did, b.) has a good eye for a bad logo, and c.) agreed to go through half of the logos on the site so that I didn't have to spend even more time than I already do with unproductive exercises. I will be listing one per day for the next 30 days. There was no strict criteria; it just had to look ugly. Sometimes the logos were too busy, some of them had terrible color schemes, and some were just way too plain. Regardless, we tried to put together list of the all-time worst for your enjoyment (or displeasure, whichever). Let's keep this train rolling...

#15 - Sioux Falls SkyForce



This is gonna be brief for a few reasons: 1.) I'm headed out to buy Assassin's Creed II at midnight, 2.) I wasted all of my time up until this point watching Dancing with the Stars and House, and 3.) it's a freakin' NBADL logo. Not that I have any hate in my heart for the League's developmental league, but they're just not very sharp when it comes to logos. Not to be overlooked is the fact that this is a professional sports team in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Sorry, I just felt like you might gloss over that fact without fully comprehending it. I don't know what a "SkyForce" is, I have no idea why the basketball is apparently a comet, and I don't know why they thought it'd be cute to throw a '4' in between the 'y' and 'f' in 'SkyForce' to emphasize the pronunciation of the term. Get it, SkyFource? Lame, right? Yeah, I thought so, too. Even the colors are bland in this logo. Basically, out of the 17-point checklist that goes through my head immediately when I view a logo, only about 3 got crossed off for this one. It's a bad logo, plain and simple. Ok, I'm done; I'm gonna go kill some bad guys...in a fantasy world, obviously.

~~ Lank

No comments: