Friday, November 13, 2009

Dancing with the Stars Recap: Week 8

It's a big day for Skip To My Lank. Baseball Mom has come out of her shell and decided to give us a professional recap of this week's Dancing with the Stars happenings. Prepare yourself, hers is a lot better than any of mine, so get ready to have your mind blown. The following are her words, not mine; so all compliments and kind words can be directed her way.

Lank (my sweet son) asked me to do the recap blog for Dancing With the Stars. He knows how I love the show and especially love Donny Osmond. I enjoy each week talking and/or texting with Lank to get his opinions on the dances. When I know he isn't watching the show live, it's all I can do to keep my fingers off the keys to keep from texting him. (note: Baseball Mom inserted something sappy and kind about me here, but I figured you had no interest in seeing that, so I kept it for myself. You're welcome.) So, here is the recap!

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - Mya and Dmitry came out ready to go this week. After several weeks of hearing the judges (especially Len) say Mya was not doing the difficult steps and her dancing was all about show, Mya was ready for her comeback. She and Dmitry danced the quickstep first and nailed it. The received a score of 29. Their second dance was the 70's Samba and it was excellent! While watching Mya and Dmitry dance the Samba, all I could think was they are going to get 10's for a perfect score of 30! Yep, they sure did, and well deserved. I think you will see Mya and Dmitry in the finals.

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - Aaron and Karina danced the foxtrot for their first dance. It was alright. They received a score of 23 which I thought was about on target. The dance was good but not great! I just had an okay feeling after they finished. Their second dance was the 90's Samba. I have to say, they really did a great job on this dance. The 90's version of the Samba was what Aaron could relate to and it showed. They received a score of 27. I have never been a fan of Aaron's and think he is arrogant and acts like a spoiled brat!

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Joanna and Derek's first dance was the quick step. Something was off with them tonight. Joanna couldn't keep up with the steps and it was obvious she made a few mistakes. They received a score of 23. No surprise at all considering I could even see the mistakes. Their second dance was a Futuristic Paso Doble! Wow is all I can say! It was creative, inventive and Joanna and Derek were on. I did not see any mistakes. They were really in sync (hey, isn't that a singing group?) Ha, ha. They received a 29.

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Kelly and Louis danced the foxtrot and received a 25. The dance was great and Kelly stayed focused during the whole dance, even when mistakes were made. You could tell Kelly was having a good time and enjoying herself for once. Their second dance was a 60's Jive. Again, Kelly and Louis did an awesome job of dancing and having fun. They received a score of 26. I think Louis is an excellent dance instructor and has a way of teaching that Kelly seems to understand. I have a suspicion Kelly will be eliminated this week. I don't think she can keep up the great dancing two weeks in a row.

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Everyone who reads Lank's blog knows I am in LOVE with Donny Osmond. I began this love affair with Donny when I was about 12 years old. I loved the Osmond Brothers and bought all their records and albums. I had posters of Donny all over the walls in my bedroom. When the Osmonds announced they were coming to Indianapolis for a show, I begged my dad to get me tickets from a friend of his. My dad was the manager of a post office branch in Indiana and knew the guy who promoted the concerts. Dad called this guy up and asked about the tickets. He told dad the first seven rows were reserved for "important" people but he would get me as close as possible. I was on the floor in the 10th row. I was psyched!!! I bought a new purple outfit because it was Donny's favorite color! Screamed through the whole concert and loved every minute of it!!! Ask me today and I can sing most of the Osmonds songs by memory (including Donny's). I know TMI, but I just had to share. :) Back to the recap...Donny and Kym's first dance was the Viennese Waltz. Wow! It was effortless, graceful and simple. Donny had mentioned in the clip before they danced that he was burned out from weeks of dance and missing his family, but had had a paradigm shift and was ready to go again. It showed! I wanted to be dancing the waltz with him. They received and 26. I think it should have been higher, but I'm biased, I know. Donny and Kym's second dance was an 80's Paso Doble. It was good but not my favorite. They did bring back memories of the 80's and the songs of that era. Their score was a 26. I was concerned at this point because Donny and Kym had one of the lowest combined scores.

In the end, Aaron went home. Too bad, so sad. Donny is still in and I am happy! But, Donny has to bring it next week to stay in the competition. My prediction is Mya and Donny will be in the finals.

I've enjoyed recapping the show for you. If I am lucky, Lank will let me do it again.

~~ Baseball Mom

No comments: