Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Proof That Not All College Graduates Are Smart

I'll never hate on somebody for trying to be creative or find a different way of doing things. Going against the grain has led to some of the best inventions of our time (the spread offense and free agency, for example). However, there are some ideas that you can't really classify as "creative" or "different", because they're just plain stupid.

Like this one.

I mean, really? You're going to sue your alma mater because you haven't found a job since graduation? That's just absurd. I'm 24 years old, am getting ready to be laid off for the 2nd time in my short working life, and I don't feel an ounce of animosity towards my alma mater. Their job is to prep us for the working world via various courses and degree requirements. That preparation doesn't necessarily lead to a job, nor do colleges tell you that it will. They tell you it will help your chances, but I've never heard of anyone at any college (and I know a lot of people that have gone to a lot of different colleges) being guaranteed a job right off the getty after graduation.

The funny thing is this irrational lady (which could lead to a joke of its own, but I don't want my mom getting mad at me) has indirectly damaged her school already. Who is going to be interested in going to a school that produces somebody as dense as her? You know how when a school wins a big bowl game or goes far in the NCAA Tournament it boosts its profile and garners more student applications? This broad is going to have the opposite effect on her school. She should pay them $70,000 for all of the tuition they're going to lose over the next few years as opposed to vice versa. What an idiot.

The next time somebody says something to the effect of, "oh yeah, my friends really smart; she graduated from college and everything", feel free to pull out your printed-off copy of this post and present it to that person. I won't even charge you for rights fees or anything. Honest.

~~ Lank

No comments: