Thursday, August 27, 2009

Now I Know How The Cubs Feel


My dad, Willie P, is the biggest St. Louis Cardinals fan in the world. No, really, he is. For his birthday, I bought him this ginormous book about the history of baseball in St. Louis. It wouldn't surprise me if he finished it within the week. Regardless, he's been on me lately about not posting anything about his beloved Redbirds, since they've been murdering anything in sight. So here I was, at the beginning of the week, ready to wax poetic about their run since they acquired Matt Holliday, ready to talk about the absurd numbers of pitchers Chris Carpenter, Adam Wainwright, and Joel Pineiro, and ready to praise the Cardinals for showing some grit despite injuries and dry spells in their lineup.

Then somebody beat me to it.

The good news is that 'somebody' is, in fact, St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz, and his job is to follow St. Louis sports for a living. So at least if I get beat, it's by a professional from St. Louis who knows what he's doing. The bad news is, at the end of the day, I still got beat. It seems that professionals from St. Louis are beating everyone these days (heck, even the Rams are looking good this preseason).

So, instead of reading my take on things in The Lou, just click on the link I provided and get the word straight from the horse's mouth. Bernie does a very good job covering the sports scene in the Gateway City, and his article is a lot better than mine would have been anyway. For the record, I'm currently coming up with something new to write about the Cardinals to appease my father. Granted, no matter what I write, he'll want me to write something else the next week. But at least, it'll give me a day or two of a sense of accomplishment.

You know, the same thing that everyone in St. Louis seems to be feeling right now.

~~ Lank

No comments: