Friday, September 11, 2009

NFL Preview: National Football Conference


Before making my predictions, I looked over every team's schedule and depth charts. No matter how talented a team may be, a murderous schedule can derail title hopes more than injuries can. Based on how good/bad I thought each opponent would be, I assigned a win or loss to each game on every team's schedule. Then, I took those standings, assigned seeds to the 6 playoff teams and predicted the playoffs from there. Basically, these predictions are based on a combination of eye test and schedule, rather than me going with my gut. We'll see how things actually shake out, but this is my best guess.

NFC South:
1.) New Orleans Saints (11-5)
2.) Atlanta Falcons (9-7)
3.) Carolina Panthers (8-8)
4.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-14)

NFC East:
1.) New York Giants (11-5)
2.) Philadelphia Eagles (11-5)
3.) Dallas Cowboys (8-8)
4.) Washington Redskins (7-9)

NFC West:
1.) Seattle Seahawks (10-6)
2.) Arizona Cardinals (7-9)
3.) San Francisco 49ers (6-10)
4.) St. Louis Rams (3-13)

NFC North:
1.) Green Bay Packers (12-4)
2.) Minnesota Vikings (11-5)
3.) Chicago Bears (8-8)
4.) Detroit Lions (3-13)
.
Key Games:
New York at New Orleans, October 18th; New York at Philadelphia, November 1st; Minnesota at Green Bay, November 1st; New Orleans at Atlanta, December 13th; Green Bay at Chicago, December 13th

Wild Card Playoffs:
Minnesota over Seattle
New Orleans over Philadelphia

Divisional Playoffs:
Green Bay over Minnesota
New Orleans over New York

Conference Championship:
Green Bay over New Orleans

~~ Lank

No comments: